Booking & Deposit
To confirm your reservation or booking we need complete name, address, and telephone number of each guest. You will receive a confirmation by email. Depending on the length of the stay a deposit is due within 7 (seven) days of booking to confirm your Kalama Valley vacation rental reservation. It will be refunded on the day of your departure as long as no damages or charges are incurred. Any long distance phone charges, unreturned keys, loss or damage to the rental property can be deducted from your deposit.
The rental fee is due 30 days before commencement of the rental. We accept payment in USD, EUR, IDR and NZD – we have bank accounts in Hawai’i, Germany, Indonesia, and New Zealand.
All cancellations must be made in writing.
- Reservations canceled prior to 90 days of check-in, will forfeit a $100.00 cancellation fee.
- Reservations canceled within 60 to 90 days of check-in, will forfeit a $200.00 cancellation fee.
- Reservations canceled within 30 to 60 days of check-in, will forfeit the entire deposit.
- Reservations canceled within 30 to 14 days of check-in, will forfeit 50% of the rental fee.
- Reservations canceled within 14 days of check-in, will forfeit 100% of the rental fee
If any part of your reservation is canceled once you check in you will incur a $150.00 charge as well as lose your deposit. Refunds will not be given for late arrivals or early departures.
Check-in & Check-out Times
Check-out time is 11:00, check-in is 15:00.
Visitors are generally not allowed on the property. If you are renting long-term, you are allowed a maximum of two visitors at any time.
Smoking is only permitted in the garden when you keep a distance from at least 3m (10ft) from the periphery of the house.
No parties/functions within the rental property. Please be considerate and keep the noise down especially after 22:00 hours.
Guest are responsible to leave the apartment in tidy condition. If the apartment is left untidy we may charge an extra clean fee of $25 per hour.
a) Notify us of any defects or problems.
b) Use the unit as a place to live; you may not use it for any film-making, photo shoots, unlawful, improper, or offensive purpose.
c) No parties/functions within the rental property
d) No animals/pets allowed in the unit or on the property
e) No smoking within the unit.
f) No shoes to be worn within the unit
g) Please obey all house rules posted in unit.
Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent.
We will provide and maintain appliances. We will not be liable for interruption of these services that is beyond our control. We will also not be responsible for interruption electricity, water, or gas beyond our control. You may not end this agreement because of these interruptions. Please promptly notify us of any problems and we will take care of them within 36 hours.
Landlord Entering the Property
In case of an emergency, we reserve the right to enter at anytime for the purpose of safe keeping or prevention of further damage. Note: Please notify us if you will be absent from the property for more than 2 days.
Heavy usage of the internet such as downloading music & films is not permitted. Using the telephone over the internet (VOIP) including the use of Skype or Google Hangout or similar services is limited to 20 minutes per day.
WiFi Broadband is available free of charge but is subject to the following restrictions:
- We do not guarantee the availability of the Service, the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the Service; or that the Service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.
- You agree to abide by the ‘fair usage policy’ as outlined above.
- You agree to use the internet responsibly. The browsing or downloading of material of an illegal or offensive nature is not permitted. This includes but is not limited to: copyrighted movies, music, or software. The use of any file sharing websites is not allowed.
- Parents are responsible for supervising their children’s use of the internet.
Termination of Lease
If the tenant repeatedly violates these terms and conditions the landlord may terminate the lease unilaterally and the guest has to leave the apartment immediately. A claim for refund of the rent does not exist.